Equity and Inclusion Resources
Coming Soon: JEDI Course!
Alabama is partnering with SEEA, the Center for Diversity in the Environment, EcoInclusive, and Youth Outside to
create an online, self-paced, Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (JEDI) in environmental
education (EE) Course. This course is designed to provide a strong foundation in the
language, concepts and principles of equity work. It is meant to be an introductory course and
spark interest in further learning around justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
The course contains 4 modules and is paced out to span 6 weeks and 12 hours. Topics
• Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Introduction
• History and Language of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
• Understanding, Identifying, and Disrupting Implicit Bias and Systemic Oppression
• Power and Privilege in Action
The course is being piloted tested with a few select audiences, and it is anticipated to be
available for SEEA participation in the second half of 2021. Stay tuned!
* Edit* The class registration for JEDI opened and is full. More opportunities coming soon.
NAAEE - eePro - Equity and Inclusion
Whether you’re looking to build inclusivity, respect, and equity in your program, seeking to employ the talents of people with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to accomplish your goals, or simply want to recognize strides in creating a more culturally diverse field, this group provides a great outlet for discussing unique opportunities to increase our cross-cultural understanding and exchanges.